Sunday, February 9, 2014

This Man..

This man
The way he makes me feel..
Elated..he takes me to higher heights..
I swear his love can't be of this world..
His fire is brighter than my eyes can bear
But still I can't take them off of his blaze..
Just the thought of him sets my skin afire
Just to be near him..
Can he feel my heat over his own?
He is mine..
What have I done to be blessed with such a man?
He loves my soul first and my body last..
He wrote his name on my heart..
His kisses leave me breathless
Waiting for what mountains his love will move next
Power..
He is strong for the both of us
Because God knows I am weak
Weak for this man he gave me..
My backbone and support
For if I am the tree, then he is my roots..
I am for show and he is to be proud..
When he looks at me I see
Love..
Passion..
Pride..
Strength..
Focus..
Peace..
But when I look back at this man I feel
Torment..
Distraction..
Weakness..
Shame..
Calmness..
Love..
I love this man more than I love myself..
But there is so much fear..
Fear that I am inadequate..
Do I deserve him?
Is this man for me?
This man is as close to perfection that the world will allow..
How can a woman so flawed have this man?
Love put us together and nothing can destroy that..
Not even my own doubts..
Every tear I shed
He kisses away
He loves a tormented woman
But this man of mine is up for the fight..
My gladiator
My knight in shining armor..
My mighty lion.
One day I will be strong for him..
One day my fervor for him with consume us..
One the rapture of my desire will set our bodies ablaze..
One day I will hold us afloat as the seas of life rock us..
One day I will shield him from shots taken at my man..
One day this man, my man will need this woman more than I need him..
And when that day comes I will be upstanding for this man..
My man..
This man..


No comments:

Post a Comment